|Material required?||Potions or Herbs|
|80/100 giving extra checks?||No|
|Obtainable in game?||No|
Alchemy allows you to mix two different ingredients together to make a potion. Failure results in an alchemical explosion that damages the PC and nearby monsters.
Alchemy allows you to brew magical potions. To use this skill, you need to collect the ingredients required to mix magical potions. It is also required to have the recipe for a potion at hand.
You can't brew anything without a recipe except an explosion. If the PC doesn't know the recipe it will create an explosion, even if you somehow guess a correct recipe. The order of ingredients when mixing does not matter.
Recipes can be accessed with "R" in-game. You receive one recipe per 10 points of the skill. Alchemy is rated as very good by most players.
- Least: potion of booze, potion of water, potion of carrot juice, burb root, pepper petal, demon daisy
- Lesser: potion of healing, potion of insight, potion of troll blood, potion of oil, stomafillia herb, curaria mancox herb
- Normal: potion of extra healing, potion of invisibility, potion of balance, potion of cure poison, potion of wonder, potion of raw mana.
- Greater: potion of strength, potion of youth, potion of longevity, potion of ultra healing, potion of cure corruption, potion of boost speed
Recipes (always the same resulting potions, but the order varies):
- Potion of poison: least + lesser
- Potion of insight: lesser + lesser
- Potion of longevity: lesser + normal
- Potion of youth: normal + greater
- Potion of extra healing: normal + normal
- Potion of cure poison: least + normal
- Potion of blindness: least + least
- Potion of deafness: least + least
- Potion of booze: least + least
- Potion of gain attributes: greater + greater
The two ingredients are never chosen to be the same item, a maximum of one herb per recipe is possible, and a potion cannot be an ingredient for its own creation.
Potion of poison is always the first recipe for Assassins. Potion of gain attributes is always the last recipe. Some ingredients such as potions of longevity can be produced using alchemy.
Alchemical explosions are basically improved fireballs cast at the PC's location.
If someone prepares (using fire immunity or multiple resistances) and some gear to protect items (ring of ice, fireproof blanket) these can be abused to injure nearby monsters. Since it is possible to mix two herbs this potentially gives unlimited fireballing power - a.k.a. offensive alchemy or "herbal blast".
Offensive alchemy does not depend on the ingredients used in mixing, on the Alchemy skill level, on whether or not it is the first time the PC has mixed certain potions, or on status of potions and herbs used. The blast radius of explosions is .(between one and three)
Successful use of skill (not causing fireballs).