Charisma is one of the main attributes in ADOM, the sixth value displayed to the right of your character's name. Its abbreviation is Ch.
Charisma has only two relatively minor effects:
- Shop prices: For males, Charisma is the main stat used to determine prices in shops. The attitude of the shopkeeper also heavily depends on his and the character's race. Females use Appearance instead.
- Companions and pets: Charisma determines the chance that companions and pets will listen to the orders of the player.
How to train it Edit
As of 1.2.0 stat training respects potentials (meaning training will not raise potential).
Ordering companions Edit
Pretty much one of two methods to reliably increase Charisma is by spending money to train with Garth. Higher values require progressively higher amounts of gold, meaning there is a soft cap on this method. Low values are fixed with relatively low effort - still, PCs should keep in mind that Charisma is not usually worth even low investments. Still, having a decent Charisma is relatively important if the player plans on drinking a potion of exchange.
How to raise itEdit
Stat potions Edit
As with all of the attributes, potions of charisma and potions of gain attributes can be used to increase Charisma. There is no soft or hard cap for using these; blessed potions of gain attributes give +1 (to all other stats also), uncursed potions of charisma give +1, blessed potions +2 (though whether they are worth holy water is highly doubtful). For this reason, these potions should be drunk once all other methods have stopped working.
Eating Corpses Edit
Great white wyrms increase Charisma by one if eaten, should one ever be defeated and drop its corpse.
Class powers Edit
- Bards receive +6 Charisma as part of their level 50 class power.
The "Charming" talent that is only available at the start of the game increases initial Charisma by 3.
There are no corruptions that give bonuses to Charisma.
How to Abuse It Edit
- Unholy aura: -10
- Babbling mouth: -6
- Sulphur breath: -4
- Apish, sweating blood, single eye, maggot breeding: -2
Apart from this, only stat drain will reduce Charisma.
Several items in the game will grant a Charisma bonus if worn (standard bonus in brackets). These include:
- the necklace of the silver tongue (+3), the helm of leadership (+6) and the fencing gloves of fidelity (+6), as well as body armor with the suffix "of leadership" (+6), while prefix "vile" reduces Charisma to 1
- the artifacts crown of leadership (+18) and Aylas Holy Scarf (+6)