Fighters are a rather unassuming class geared heavily toward defensive fighting with heavy missile support. Their class powers are not nearly so impressive as, for example, Barbarians in terms of damage or maneuverability, but do provide significant long-term defensive bonuses that, combined with a strong skill set featuring Find Weakness, Archery, Dodge, and Athletics and generally excellent starting gear makes Fighters a safe, if somewhat boring, choice. Conventional pairings for a Fighter are drakelings or dwarves since both start with excellent starting gear, Toughness and Strength, and complement the Fighter's skill set well. Players wishing to take advantage of the strong archery abilities of Fighters may wish to try more agile races (elves or hurthlings).
Basic Information Edit
Base Stats Edit
The base stats for male Fighters are tabulated below. Female Fighters will, on average, have -1 Strength and +1 Dexterity compared to males. Note that any value may vary from these typical values by around +/-5 due to starsigns or birth effects, and further if the question system is not employed. See Talk:Archer for details on how these tables were generated. Fighters typically receive a large bonus to Strength, Toughness, and Willpower. Most Fighters are likely to be literate, although there are a number of borderline cases.
Starting Skills Edit
|Skill||Typical Value||Typical Modifier||Available Ingame?|
|Two Weapon Combat||10||4d5||Yes|
Crowning Gifts Edit
All of the four weapons available are two-handed, Vanquisher and Grod are very desirable weapons because of their high damage and slaying powers. Obviously Protector and Bracers of war are both excellent and extremely desirable artifacts.
Special Abilities Edit
Class Abilities Edit
- The number of marks required to increase melee and missile weapon skills is reduced by 16%.
- Fighters gain defensive bonuses over time applied to their armor PV. This is counted towards helmets, girdles, body armor, shields, gauntlets, cloaks, and boots.
- Heir gift is an eternium girdle of typical stats [0,+4].
Class Powers Edit
- Level 6: +7% PV added to armor (minimum +1). This amounts to +1 PV for every 14 PV already held by armor.
- Level 12: +50% DV from Dodge skill. This adds a maximum of +5 DV (at skill level 100).
- Level 18: +15% PV added to armor (minimum +1). This amounts to +1 PV for every 7 PV already held by armor. Not cumulative with level 6 class power.
- Level 25: Critical hit rate increase by 10%.
- Level 32: +25% PV added to armor (minimum +1). This amounts to +1 PV for every 4 PV already held by armor. Not cumulative with level 6 or 18 class powers.
- Level 40: Can use a bash attack that deals 20% more damage and may stun opponents for an increased energy cost (base attack cost + 500).
- Level 50: For an energy cost of 3500, the Fighter may attack every opponent adjacent to them.
Starting Gear Edit
|Human||Troll||High Elf||Gray Elf||Dark Elf|