|Sees in the dark?||Yes|
Keethrax is a black druid living in the Druid Dungeon, and must be killed to satisfy the Kill Keethrax quest. Keethrax is hostile in a level filled with animals, including cats. These animals will be hostile even to PCs of the Druid class, presumably due to Keethrax' vile influence.
Keethrax has a number of various attacks negating several combat strategies:
- He shoots lead sling bullets and glowing balls providing a respectable danger in ranged combat.
- He has a corrupting melee attack and is able to use stat drains and curses (cursing items or cursing the PC directly) in melee range.
- He can magically heal himself and cast darkness around.
- He is resistant to all elements except acid rendering most spells useless.
A source of fire resistance (to reduce the damage from glowing balls) and a source of light (to negate darkness penalties) are highly recommended in the fight with Keethrax.
Keethrax can be sacrificed if led to an altar. In ADOM versions prior to 1.2.0 doing so caused the black torc not to be generated due to a bug.
Luring him to the upper level is also possible and sometimes can be useful (e.g. altar location, need of avoiding at least part of black druid's pets etc.).
- Immune to cold, fire, and shock
- Sometimes shrugs off bolts and other resistible magic
- Immune to death rays
- Casts Stat drain, Darkness, Glowing balls, Curse, and Healing
- Shoots lead sling bullets
- Unique monster abilities
Level: 1, DV: 15, PV: 4, Hits: 79, Attacks: 1, Damage: 4-10, Speed: 125.
Eating Keethrax' corpse will corrupt the PC (causing about one corruption effect) and shift his/her alignment towards chaotic. It will also grant a +1 increase to Toughness, +2 increase to Learning, +3 increase to Mana and a -4 decrease in Willpower. Unlike most corpses, stat increases will push the PC through potentials. As with all spellcasting monsters, it may also grant a small increase in maximum PP and an extra +1 increase to Mana. Non-chaotic PCs can trade Keethrax' corpse with Guth'alak for a potion of cure corruption.
Keethrax is a tall man, dressed as a druid in a white robe, carrying a wicked looking sickle. The black torc around his neck where mistletoe should be marks him as no longer merely a druid, however. He is surrounded by a slavering, frenzied menagerie of animals, waiting for their master's signal.