Kill Keethrax is a quest assigned by Guth'Alak in Terinyo to slay an evil member of his order by the name of Keethrax. This quest is mutually exclusive with the Save Yriggs and Kill Jharod quest group, meaning that players are generally advised not to take this quest while playing characters without the Healing skill and born under a starsign different from Candle.
The player must not have already selected the Save Yriggs quest.
Description and walkthroughEdit
The Druid Dungeon is a dungeon east of Terinyo that consists of seven random levels. The bottom level is inhabited by Keethrax, and is also only populated by animals, notably cats and giant slugs. The latter can be quite challenging for PCs without acid resistance, and may drop a rare corpse to grant acid immunity. Keethrax himself is a spellcaster capable of magically creating darkness (using torches or an amulet of light is recommended), healing himself, shooting glowing balls (a source of fire resistance is highly recommended), cursing and stat drains. He can also shoot lead sling bullets and is immune to webs and all elemental attacks except acid. If the PC wishes to avoid stat drains, missile attacks are recommended. When killed, Keethrax will drop the artifact black torc and his corpse.
- Guth'Alak will give the PC the choice of knowledge or power for a reward (unless the PC is a Druid or has both Herbalism and Gardening skills).
- Choosing knowledge will grant the Herbalism skill. If the PC already has the Herbalism skill, Guth'alak will teach him/her Gardening instead.
- Choosing power will prompt Guth'alak to give the PC a spellbook of Frost Bolt, and a wand of cold (which may have 0 charges).
- If the PC has both Herbalism and Gardening, power rewards will be given by Guth'alak automatically without a choice.
- Druids will receive a pair of bracers of toughness, an amulet of balance and a ring of minor elemental mastery.
- Note that this quest may draw alignment toward neutrality — for any neutral characters with greater than 0 alignment it will count as a chaotic act, removing the possibility of becoming a Paragon of Order. Lawful characters finishing the quest will receive a lawful boost instead.