Humans, gray elves, gnomes, drakelings, mist elves and ratlings begin the game neutral; unless affected by class (playing as a Healer or Necromancer) or star sign. Druids of any race always start the game neutrally aligned.
Acts of BalanceEdit
Acts of balance draw the PC's alignment towards N=; meaning that being below 0 alignment will result in an alignment boost, and being above 0 alignment will result in an alignment drop. Paragons of Order need to beware of the latter. Thus far, few acts of balance are known to exist.
- Completing the Kill Keethrax quest while neutral
- Completing the Kill Kranach quest while neutral
- Talking to the Ratling rebel after killing Dak the arena master
- Wearing armor of balance
- Reading a tract of balance
- Drinking a potion of balance (under certain circumstances)
- Sacrificing on a neutral altar
Relationship with deitiesEdit
Neutral PCs are not allowed to sacrifice neutral monsters to their deities. Likewise, neutral NPCs cannot sacrifice the PC to theirs.
All natural creatures are neutral, as well as some humanoid monsters.