|Scroll of corruption removal ( ? )|
Scroll of corruption removal (known as scroll of chaos resistance in ADOM versions 1.1.1 and earlier) is a type of scroll. When read they alter the degree of corruption the PC has accumulated—to much greater effect than potions of cure corruption. For a PC with 10 Appearance, uncursed scrolls remove around 0.75 corruptions, and blessed scrolls remove around 1.5. Reading a cursed scroll will result in 0.75 more corruptions.
Apparently, their most common label is "Yik Mech'Shegoth", though when unidentified they can take any label besides those reserved for unique scrolls.
Since some corruptions have very undesirable effects (e.g. stiff muscles, mana battery) and too much will kill the PC, sources of corruption removal are very desirable. They are usually used either right away to remove a troublesome corruption gained, when the PC has accumulated 16-17 corruptions and will die upon receiving the next one, or to remove any corruptions before going home for a regular ending.
Since corruption is inevitable from venturing into corrupting caverns, there are a number of guaranteed sources of scrolls of corruption removal to help save the PC's life:
- Saving Khelavaster's life will yield, among other rewards, six blessed scrolls
- The mad minstrel will reward PCs that deliver him the weird tome with five cursed scrolls
- Three cursed scrolls can be found in the Bug Temple
- One cursed scroll can be found in a hidden room in the High Mountain Village, along with the strange message
- The dwarven mystic might give neutral PCs four blessed scrolls; however, this is down to a 50-50 chance not influenced by any other factors.
Greater Identify informationEdit
--------------------- uncursed scroll of corruption removal-------------------- When used in melee combat it grants a +0 bonus to hit and causes 1d1 points of damage. When used as a missile it grants a +0 bonus to hit and causes 1d1 points of damage.